Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Tigre Hill/Barrel of a Gun

On occasion, I am asked about Philadelphia-based filmmaker - and muckraker - Tigre Hill. I came to know Tigre during the course of research for my Black Brothers, Inc. At the time, he and I were each concluding our respective (and independent) investigations of corruption in Mayor John Street’s administration. His work resulted in a critically-acclaimed documentary named Shame of a City. We’ve since become good friends, assisting each other on our various projects whenever possible.




His forthcoming project, Barrel of a Gun, examines in detail the 1981 slaying of Philadelphia Police Officer Daniel Faulkner and the myriad events that followed the conviction of Mumia Abu-Jamal (Wesley Cook).

I don't tweet - or anything of the sort, but you can follow the project here.


He takes his craft quite seriously and has been working studiously on this important history.  I'll be sure to offer updates as the project nears completion.